Planning a Convention Session
Interested in organizing a session at the MLA Annual Convention or want to find out how you can participate in a session? The 2017 MLA Annual Convention will be held in Philadelphia, from 5 to 8 January. Calls for papers for the 2017 convention can be submitted until 28 February 2016. Program copy forms will be available by mid-March.
Preparing for the Session
All MLA members and others involved in the study or teaching of language and literature must register for the convention to participate in or attend meetings, visit the exhibit hall, take part in job interviews, or reserve hotel rooms at special MLA rates.
- Policies for Forums and Allied Organizations
- Procedures for Organizing Meetings
- Convention Session FAQs
- Convention Participant FAQs
- Special-Session FAQs
- Call for Innovative Proposals
- Proposing a Special Session
View future convention locations and dates.
Running the Session
- Access Guidelines for MLA Convention Session Organizers and Presenters
- Guidelines for Participants and Session Organizers
- Do I Need a Live Internet Connection for My Presentation?
- Scheduling Convention Sessions
If you have questions about planning a convention session, please contact us.