Job Information List
Published by the MLA as an electronic database and as printable PDF editions, the JIL is the recognized professional source for announcements of full-time faculty positions available in the fields of English and foreign languages in North American colleges and universities. Access to search the JIL is free to all users. Listings primarily announce full-time academic job openings in postsecondary departments of English and foreign languages. The job openings range in rank from instructor to full professor and include faculty positions, administrative posts, vacancies abroad, and some opportunities for nonacademic employment. Learn more.
- Submit or Edit a Job Listing
- Search for Jobs
- PDFs of the MLA Job Information List
- Retrieve Your Saved Jobs
- Job Sites for Positions in Business, Government, and Not-for-Profit Organizations
- About the JIL
- Dossier and Search-Management Services
- How to Access the MLA Job Information List Database
- How to Search the JIL Database
- Reports on the MLA Job Information List
To contact the JIL, e-mail JILeditor@mla.org.