Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
134. Law, Theater, Performance
10:15–11:30 a.m., Embassy, Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Law as Literature
Presiding: Kathryn D. Temple, Georgetown Univ.
1. “The Star Chamber and the Performance of Authority: Reading William Prynne’s Histriomastix,” Lisa A. Freeman, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
2. “Epic Habitus, Epic Trial: Epic, Race, and Legal Performance in Wright’s Native Son,” Gregory E. Rutledge, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
3. “Bedeviling Spectacle: The Theaters of Law and Witchcraft,” Todd Wayne Butler, Washington State Univ., Pullman
4. “Blake and the Pious Perjury of Reading,” Mark L. Barr, Vanderbilt Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.