Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
138. Crossing Genres in Word and Image: Grotesque Narratives in Pirandello and His Contemporaries
5:15–6:30 p.m., 306A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Pirandello Society of America
Presiding: Jana O’Keefe Bazzoni, Baruch Coll., City Univ. of New York
As I am not able to attend the Convention, Stefano Giannini of Syracuse University. Department of Languages, Literatures and Linquistics has kindly agreed to take on the role of Presider for this panel.
I wish all panelists and attendees a good Convention and invite you to attend our informal gathering on Thursday, Jan 6, from 8:45-10:00, Room304B, LA Convention Center.
1. “The Paradigms of Paradox and Sarcasm in the Pirandellian Grotesque,” Lisa Sarti, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
2. “Four Authors in Search of a Character: C. K. Scott Moncrieff’s Satire between Pirandello and Swift,” Stefano Giannini, Syracuse Univ.
3. “‘Di carne, oh!’: Grotesque Fantasies and the Artistic Ideal in D’Annunzio’s Il piacere and Pirandello’s Diana e la Tuda,” Alani Hicks-Bartlett, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Decentered Lives, Interrupted Stories: Pirandello’s Narrative Structures as Grotesque, Arabesque, and Caprice,” Michael Subialka, Univ. of Chicago
For abstracts, visit www.pirandellosocietyofamerica.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.