Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
139. What Is Literary Language? Toward a Definition
8:45–10:00 p.m., Mississippi, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Claiborne Rice, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
1. “The Lacanian Real in Literary Language,” Merrill Cole, Western Illinois Univ.
2. “Franz Kafka on Literary Language,” Michael E. Huffmaster, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Literary Language in Translation: Faulkner’s The Sound and the Fury in European Portuguese,” Milton M. Azevedo, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Literature as Voice: Anne Sexton,” Ian Williams, Fitchburg State Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.