Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
149. The Future of Central America: Recentering Latin American Literature and Culture
8:45–10:00 p.m., Michigan B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Latin American Literature
Presiding: Jill Suzanne Kuhnheim, Univ. of Kansas
1. “Kotz’Ib: The Emergence of a New Maya Literature,” Arturo Arias, Univ. of Redlands
2. “(En)Gendering Central America: Identity in the Postwar Era,” Yajaira M. Padilla, Univ. of Kansas
3. “Of Cockroaches and Cadavers: Jacinta Escudos and Claudia Hernández in the Haunted House of Salvadoran Fiction,” Stephen Matthew Buttes, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
4. “Discordant Narratives: The Panamanian Nation in Gamboa Road Gang, by Joaquín Beleño,” Frances Betty Jaeger, Northern Illinois Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.