Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Tuesday, 27 December
15. Positively Seventh Street: Washington, DC, in African American Literature and Culture
5:15–6:30 p.m., Wilson A, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Meta DuEwa Jones, George Washington Univ.
1. “‘Jazz Songs and Love’: The Theater of Respectability in Jean Toomer’s Cane,” Jennifer Williams, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. “Edward Christopher Williams and When Washington Was in Vogue,” Adam David McKible, John Jay Coll. of Criminal Justice, City Univ. of New York
3. “Dasein in DC: Philosophical Lyric from Georgia Avenue,” Aldon Lynn Nielsen, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “The Chronotope of Washington, DC, in Thereafter Johnnie,” Margo Crawford, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.