Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
156. Latinas/os and Cities: Migrations in Context
10:15–11:30 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Juanita Isabel Heredia, Northern Arizona Univ.
1. “Ideal Immigrants in the Post-9/11 Era,” Theresa Delgadillo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. “Imagining Washington Heights from the Dominican Diaspora: Urban Space and Genre in Junot Díaz and Angie Cruz,” Elena Machado Sáez, Florida Atlantic Univ.
3. “The Condor Passes: Transnational Cityscapes in Daniel Alarcón’s War by Candlelight,” Juanita Isabel Heredia
4. “Cities of Fallen Angeles: From Guatemala City to Los Angeles in Héctor Tobar’s The Tattooed Soldier and Francisco Goldman’s The Art of Political Murder,” Ana Patricia Rodríguez, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.