Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
161. Translations of Tradition in Modern Arabic Literature
10:15–11:30 a.m., Congress B, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Ken Seigneurie, Simon Fraser Univ.
1. “Unstable Categories: The Rise of the Arabic Novel,” Somy Kim, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. “Exappropriations: Mahmoud Darwish and the Arabic Idiom,” Nouri Gana, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “The Modernization of Topoi in the Lebanese Novel,” Ken Seigneurie
4. “Yesterday Is Tomorrow? Medieval Arabic Literary Tradition in the Theater of Sad Allah Wannous,” Nada Saab, Lebanese American Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com after 1 Dec.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.