Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
171. Retaking Slavic Classics in the Twenty-First Century
8:30–9:45 a.m., Mississippi, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Slavic and East European Literatures
Presiding: Thomas J. Garza, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “Dying Happy: Todd Hasak-Lowy’s Reworking of Tolstoy’s Death of Ivan Ilych,” Elizabeth Yellen, Lycée Français de Chicago
2. “Burning Manuscripts: The Master and Margarita for TV,” Thomas J. Garza
3. “Mother Knows Best: Boris Eifman’s Russkii Gamlet and Chaika,” Elizabeth Merle Richmond-Garza, Univ. of Texas, Austin
4. “Akunin Retakes a Classic: Literary Parody of Chekhov’s Chaika,” Michael R. Katz, Middlebury Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.