Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Monday, 27 December
19. Writing Philadelphia: Urban Circulations
5:15–6:30 p.m., 309, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
1. “(Trans)National Capital: Olaudah Equiano’s and Hendrick Aupaumut’s Philadelphia,” Katherine L. Chiles, Northwestern Univ.
2. “Philadelphia Metempsychosis: From Robert Montgomery Bird to John Edgar Wideman,” Samuel Otter, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “‘They Cannot Pass It with a Glance’: Philadelphia and Haiti in Antebellum Literature,” Eric Scott Gardner, Saginaw Valley State Univ.
4. “A Pynch in Time: The Postmodernity of Prenational Philadelphia in Thomas Pynchon’s Mason and Dixon and Mark Knopfler’s ‘Sailing to Philadelphia,’” Adam Lifshey, Univ. of California, Berkeley
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.