Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
195. Rethinking the Black Arts Movement
10:15–11:30 a.m., Plaza Ballroom B, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Mae G. Henderson, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
1. “Women and Atlanta’s Black Arts Movement,” James Edward Smethurst, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
2. “‘My Name Is Afrika’: Keorapetse Kgositsile and the Black Arts Movement,” Margo Natalie Crawford, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. “Ascension and Innerconnection: Larry Neal’s Sonic Space and Cultural Critique,” Carter A. Mathes, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
4. “‘The Cry of My People’: Free Jazz and the Black Arts Movement,” Aldon Lynn Nielsen, Penn State Univ., University Park
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.