Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
208. Orality, Literacy, Print: Technologies of the Spoken and Written Word in Scotland
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 309, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Scottish Literature
Presiding: Sharon-Ruth Alker, Whitman Coll.
1. “Orality’s Silence: The Other Ballad Revival,” Janet L. Sorensen, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
2. “From Legendary Lore to Two-Volume Novel: The Transmission of Scottish Identity in Scott’s Bride of Lammermoor,” Juliet Shields, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
3. “Translating Oral Narratives to Print: Highland Sympathies and Mrs. Grant of Laggan,” Kathryn R. Ledbetter, Texas State Univ.
4. “Painting by Numbers: The Statistical Graphs of William Playfair,” Celeste G. Langan, Univ. of California, Berkeley
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.