Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
213. Romanticism and the Everyday II: The Ordinary
1:45–3:00 p.m., Liberty Ballroom Salon A, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on the English Romantic Period
Presiding: William H. Galperin, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Pins, Shoes, Bacon, and Toast: The Importance of the Ordinary in Byron’s Don Juan,” Emily A. Bernhard Jackson, Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
2. “Romantic Constatives: Reporting the Weather, Noting the Self,” Anne-Lise François, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Living with Keats, Reading with Swinburne: Prostitution, Pornography, and the Poetics of the Obscene Quotidian,” Joshua David Gonsalves, Rice Univ.
4. “Austen, Cavell, and the Ordinary,” Eric C. Walker, Florida State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.