Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
235. Creating Culture in the Periodicals of the Hispanic World: New Approaches on the Role of the Periodical in Modern Spanish Culture
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Columbus A and B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Spanish Literature
Presiding: Íñigo Sánchez-Llama, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
1. “The Culture of Enlightenment and the Configuration of the Nation in Eighteenth-Century Newspapers from La Habana, Mexico, Quito, and Santa Fe de Bogotá,” Mariselle Meléndez, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
2. “Women in the Public Eye: Spanish Visual Culture, 1880–1920,” Maryellen Bieder, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. “Periodical Press: Mirror and Motor of Ideological Clashes in Nineteenth-Century Modernization,” Paula A. Sprague, Dartmouth Coll.
4. “Mesonero Romanos and Dickens: Toward a Definition of the European Metropoli,” Jeffrey Bersett, Westminster Coll., PA
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.