Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
257. From Walls to Signs: Borders in Transnational Perspective
1:45–3:00 p.m., Truffles, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Interdisciplinary Approaches to Culture and Society
Presiding: Bruce Campbell, Coll. of William and Mary
1. “European National Art Museums and the Problem of the Territoriality of National Cultures,” Eugenia V. Afinoguénova, Marquette Univ.
2. “Practices of Border: Mexican Migration and the Dynamics of United States National Belonging,” Deborah Cohen, Univ. of Missouri, Saint Louis
3. “Crossing the Line: Illegible Identities in Lone Star,” Elena Lahr-Vivaz, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “Born in the Estados Unidos: The Unbordered Frontiers of Latin America from Gloria Anzaldúa to Bruce Springsteen and Beyond,” Adam Lifshey, Georgetown Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.