Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
297. Travel, Nationalism, and Medical Diagnosis
3:30–4:45 p.m., Gold Coast, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Division on the English Romantic Period
Presiding: Peter Manning, Stony Brook Univ., State Univ. of New York
1. “Transport: A Diagnostic Geography of a Romantic Emotional Category,” Miranda Jane Burgess, Univ. of British Columbia
2. “Hallucinogenesis: An Eastern Frame of Mind,” Elizabeth Fay, Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston
3. “Locating Melancholy: Mme de Staël and the Sociological Imagination,” Eric Gidal, Univ. of Iowa
4. “This Uncertain Disease: Nostalgia, Lyrical Ballads, and the Poetics of Motion,” Kevis Bea Goodman, Univ. of California, Berkeley
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 1 Dec.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.