Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
327. Ethnicity and the Short Story
7:15–8:30 p.m., Independence Salon III, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by MELUS: The Society for the Study of the Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States
Presiding: Wenxin Li, Suffolk County Community Coll., Ammerman Campus, NY
1. “The Innovative Aesthetic of the Ethnic American Short Story,” Josephine Hendin, New York Univ.
2. “Linked Short-Story Collections: Ethnic Regionalism Bounded through Community Voices,” JoAnne Ruvoli, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
3. “Postcards from the Edge, Dispatches from the Front: Involved Disjunction and the Ethnic Short-Story Sequence,” June S. Dwyer, Manhattan Coll.
4. “Alice Dunbar-Nelson, Grace King, and the Politics of Ethnicity in New Orleans,” Hellen Lee-Keller, California State Univ., Sacramento
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.