Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
330. The World in the Eighteenth-Century City
7:15–8:30 p.m., 410, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Restoration and Early-Eighteenth-Century English Literature
Presiding: Paula J. McDowell, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Women in Excess: Convents and Colonies in Early-Eighteenth-Century Writing,” Laura Jean Rosenthal, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
2. “‘Like a World in Miniature’: Representing the World in Eighteenth-Century London,” Alison F. O’Byrne, Univ. of York
3. “Mercantile Accumulation and the East India Factory,” Betty Joseph, Rice Univ.
4. “Down and Out in Indostan: The British in South Asia and the Development of English Literature, 1658–1716,” Robert Moss Markley, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.