Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
344. Sublime Perception: Landscapes and Soundscapes in Poe
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 3, Hilton
Program arranged by the Poe Studies Association
Presiding: Susan Elizabeth Sweeney, Coll. of the Holy Cross
1. “Poe, Panorama, and the Panoptic Sublime in ‘Morning on the Wissahiccon’ and ‘The Domain of Arnheim,’” Satwik Dasgupta, Middle Tennessee Univ.
2. “Roderick Usher’s Japanese Garden,” Charlie F. Canning, Konan Women’s Univ.
3. “Sounding the Sublime: Poe, Burke, and the (Non)Sense of Language,” Dennis A. Pahl, Long Island Univ., C. W. Post Campus
4. “Echoes of Modernity, Conquests of Acoustic Space: Noise in Poe,” Stephanie Sommerfeld, Univ. of Göttingen
For copies of abstracts, visit www2.lv.psu.edu/PSA/.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.