Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
348. The Presidential Address
8:40 p.m., International Ballroom East, Washington Hilton
Presiding: Rosemary G. Feal, MLA
1. Marjorie Gabrielle Perloff, Stanford Univ., MLA First Vice President, will announce the newly elected honorary member Lina Bolzoni and honorary fellow Adrienne Kennedy.
2. Marjorie Gabrielle Perloff will present the William Riley Parker Prize, the James Russell Lowell Prize, the MLA Prize for a First Book, the Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize, the Mina P. Shaughnessy Prize, the MLA Prize for Independent Scholars, the Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize, the Morton N. Cohen Award for a Distinguished Edition of Letters, the MLA Prize for a Distinguished Scholarly Edition, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Studies in Slavic Languages and Literatures, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Scholarly Study of Literature, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Italian Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Publication Award for a Manuscript in Italian Literary Studies, the Lois Roth Award for a Translation of a Literary Work, the William Sanders Scarborough Prize, and the MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies.
3. The Phyllis Franklin Award for Public Advocacy of the Humanities
4. The MLA Award for Lifetime Scholarly Achievement to J. Hillis Miller
5. Remarks by J. Hillis Miller, Univ. of California, Irvine
6. Report of the Executive Director, Rosemary G. Feal
7. The Presidential Address, Domna C. Stanton, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.