Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
41. Narrating Lives and Midwestern Literary Self-Consciousness: Writers in Search of a Midwest
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Atrium II, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Society for the Study of Midwestern Literature
Presiding: Marilyn Judith Atlas, Ohio Univ., Athens
1. “The Evolution of Willa Cather’s Prairie Aesthetic,” Rachel Collins, Syracuse Univ.
2. “Gerald Ford, Office Furniture, and Amway: Bich Minh Nguyen’s (Vietnamese) American Midwest,” Timothy Yu, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
3. “Mean Spirits Take Power: Linda Hogan and the Native American Midwest,” Melody M. Zajdel, Montana State Univ., Bozeman
4. “Patricia Hampl, Minnesota, and The Florist’s Daughter,” Marilyn Judith Atlas
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.