Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
411. “Disabled and Not Disabled”: Jurisdictional Subjectivities
10:15–11:30 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Disability Issues in the Profession
Presiding: Marian E. Lupo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
1. “The Foundation of an Empire: The Puritan Calling in the Imagination of an Able-Bodied Citizenry,” Thomas Jordan, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
2. “Reading Phonocentrism in the Education of Deaf Children,” Emily McGinn, Univ. of Oregon
3. “A Narrative of the ‘Retard,’ the ‘Nerd,’ and the ‘Normal,’” Athena Goodfellow, McMaster Univ.
4. “(Dis)Abling Institutions: A Conversation about Mental Health (Care) and the Government, Military, and Higher Education in the United States,” Wendy L. Chrisman, Columbus Coll. of Art and Design
Respondent: Kevin Finn, Univ. of Miami
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.