Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
417. The Presidential Address
8:30 p.m., Platinum Salon D, J. W. Marriott
Presiding: Rosemary G. Feal, MLA
1. Russell Berman, Stanford Univ., MLA First Vice President, will announce the newly elected honorary fellow.
2. Russell Berman will present the William Riley Parker Prize, the James Russell Lowell Prize, the MLA Prize for a First Book, the Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize, the Mina P. Shaughnessy Prize, the MLA Prize for Independent Scholars, the Howard R. Marraro Prize, the Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Germanic Languages and Literatures, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Literary Work, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Publication Award for a Manuscript in Italian Literary Studies, the MLA Prize for a Distinguished Bibliography, the William Sanders Scarborough Prize, the MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies, and the Fenia and Yaakov Leviant Memorial Prize in Yiddish Studies.
3. Rosemary G. Feal will present the MLA International Bibliography Fellowship Awards.
4. Rosemary G. Feal will announce the recipients of the seal of approval from the Committee on Scholarly Editions.
5. Sidonie Smith, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MLA President, will announce the recipient of the Phyllis Franklin Award.
6. Report of the Executive Director, Rosemary G. Feal
7. The Presidential Address, Sidonie Smith
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.