Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
432. Turkish Literature and Film in a Global Context
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Washington C, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Anthony Alessandrini, Kingsborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
1. “Minorities in the New Turkish Cinema,” Ozlem Koksal, Univ. of London, Birkbeck Coll.
2. “Local and Global Perspectives on Hüzün,” Hande Tekdemir, Bogazici Univ., Istanbul
3. “Orhan Pamuk’s Textual and Cinematic Translators: Journey from Kara Kitap to The Black Book to Hidden Face,” Sevinc Turkkan, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Cross-Dressing and Cross-Gendering: A Comparative Study of Ahmet Mithat Efendi’s M. Ulviye and Virginia Woolf’s M. Orlando,” A. Didem Uslu, Beykent Univ., Istanbul
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.