Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
464. Problematizing Francophone National Cinemas
1:45–3:00 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A2, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Francophone Literatures and Cultures
Presiding: Aliko Songolo, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
1. “From Postcolonial to Global—the Empire Returns: Self-Referentiality and (Trans)National Identity in Francophone African Cinema,” Yifen T. Beus, Brigham Young Univ., HI
2. “New Lebanese Cinema: Transnationalism, Transculturalism, and the French Connection,” Anne Tereska Ciecko, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
3. “Rethinking International Coproduction: Legacies of the Lumières and the Agence de Coopération Culturelle et Technique,” Dale Hudson, Amherst Coll.
4. “National Identity and Cinematic Adjustment in Mali,” Alioune Sow, Univ. of Florida
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.