Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
467. Confronting “Race” and Racisms in Portuguese-Language Literatures
1:45–3:00 p.m., Hamilton, Washington Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Ana Paula Ferreira, Univ. of California, Irvine
1. “When the Margins Become the Center: The Case of African-Brazilian Literature,” Phyllis A. Peres, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
2. “From Cape Verde to Mozambique: Paradox and Ambiguity along the Faultlines of Race and Ethnicity,” Fernando Arenas, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. “Memories of a Sea in Ruins: Portugal’s Colonial Empire and the Romance of Miscegenation,” Luis Manuel Madureira, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
4. “Assimilation Is Erasure: The Appropriation of Racial Difference in Angola’s New Imperial Order,” Phillip Rothwell, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.