Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
505. Writing Europe in Multiple Languages
3:30–4:45 p.m., Dupont, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on European Literary Relations
Presiding: Michael G. Levine, New York Univ.
1. “Plurilingualism and Translation: Some Antinomies of Literature,” Brian Lennon, Penn State Univ., University Park
2. “Local, National, and European Identity: Montaigne on Names,” Dorothea Beate Heitsch, Shippensburg Univ.
3. “How to Write in European? Language Choices in Contemporary European Literature,” Ina A. Pfitzner, Berlin, Germany
4. “Polyglossia and Intermediality: Mapping Memory in W. G. Sebald’s Work,” Bernhard Malkmus, Univ. of Cambridge, Saint John’s Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.