Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
505. Mark Twain: Fresh Perspectives on a Cultural Icon
10:15–11:30 a.m., Union Square 14, Hilton
Program arranged by the Mark Twain Circle of America
Presiding: Gregg Camfield, Univ. of California, Merced
1. “Mark Twain, Supersessionist Theology, and the Sacred Imagined Nation,” Michael Donald Lackey, Univ. of Minnesota, Morris
2. “The Minor and the ‘Littery’ Men: Mark Twain’s ‘Bewildering Blunder’ of 1877,” Diana Hope Polley, Southern New Hampshire Univ.
3. “John Woolman, Quaker Saint; Mark Twain, Quaker Son?” Chad Rohman, Dominican Univ.
4. “Huck’s Future,” Peter Stoneley, Univ. of Reading
For copies of abstracts, visit www.honors.uiuc.edu/files/mtcircle/.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.