Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
560. Colonial Latin American Studies and the Transatlantic Turn: Challenge, Paradigm Shift, Fad?
7:15–8:30 p.m., Congress A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Colonial Latin American Literatures
Presiding: Yolanda M. Martínez–San Miguel, Univ. of Pennsylvania
1. “Los estudios transatlánticos al primer lustro del siglo XXI,” Julio C. Ortega, Brown Univ.
2. “Transatlantic Exchanges: Reading Epic and Empire in Colonial Latin America,” Raul Marrero-Fente, Univ. of Richmond
3. “Equatorial Guinea: An Atlantic Site of Colonial Convergence,” Benita Sampedro, Hofstra Univ.
4. “International Traffic and Slavery Re/form: Reading Juan Francisco Manzano from Both Sides of the Atlantic,” Marilyn Grace Miller, Tulane Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.