Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
569. From Castiglione’s Court to Bruno’s Hell
7:15–8:30 p.m., Tubman, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Bernardo Piciché, Virginia Commonwealth Univ.
1. “‘Melt and Descend with a Murmur’: Language Matters in Castiglione’s Book of the Courtier,” Caterina Mongiat Farina, Colby Coll.
2. “Shapes of Womanly ‘Sprezzatura’: The Court Lady under Pressure,” Andrea Baldi, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “The Decline of Hell and Universal Salvation in Giordano Bruno’s Vernacular Dialogues,” Diego Pirillo, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
4. “Veritas: Dominican Perspectives on Literature in Medieval and Renaissance Italy,” Lisa M. Vitale, Southern Connecticut State Univ.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.