Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
619. Modern Myths and Popular Culture in Atwood’s Works
3:30–4:45 p.m., Van Ness, Hilton
Program arranged by the Margaret Atwood Society
Presiding: Denise DuVernay, Milwaukee School of Engineering; Karma Waltonen, Univ. of California, Davis
1. “Distressed Distribution in ‘Encounters with the Element Man,’” Jenni Halpin, Univ. of California, Davis
2. “‘I’ve Broken the Sound Barrier’: Margaret Atwood’s Literary Celebrity and Popular Culture,” Lorraine M. York, McMaster Univ.
3. “Magic Realism in Atwood’s The Blind Assassin,” Sharon R. Wilson, Univ. of Northern Colorado
4. “‘We’re Hard-Wired for Dreams’: Mythology, Biology, and the Human in Atwood’s Oryx and Crake,” Eric Aronoff, Michigan State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.