Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Wednesday, 29 December
620. Comparative Approaches to Identity Studies
9:00–10:15 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature
Presiding: Margaret R. Higonnet, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
1. “‘A Stranger in Mine Own House?’: W. E. B. Du Bois and Maxine Hong Kingston Crossing Racial and National Boundaries,” Jeannie Yu-Mei Chiu, Pace Univ., NY
2. “The Remaking of Postwar Identity in America and France: Wright and Beauvoir,” Sarah F. Relyea, Queens Coll., City Univ. of New York
3. “The Failures of Identity Politics: Race, Religion, and National Identity in Texts by Ethnic Women Writers,” Channette M. Romero, Union Coll.
4. “Women Rewrite Myth in Québécois and Métis Literature: Anne Hébert’s Premier jardin and Joan Crate’s Breathing Water,” Katherine Joanne Durnin, Univ. of Alberta
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.