Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Saturday, 29 December
621. Medieval and Renaissance Representations of the City and Urban Spaces
7:15–8:30 p.m., Parlor E, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Medieval and Renaissance Italian Literature
Presiding: Maria Galli Stampino, Univ. of Miami
1. “Walls of the City and Glosses of the Text: Permeability at the Origin of a Medieval Literary Tradition,” Federica Anichini, Smith Coll.
2. “Renaissance Siena: The City as Theater and Playground,” Andrea Baldi, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Conspiracy Theory: Petrarca, Machiavelli, and the ‘Future Tense’ of Humanist Revolution,” Paul R. Wright, Cabrini Coll.
4. “Dissident Topographies: ‘The Babylonian Captivity,’ from Petrarch’s Invective against Avignon to Luther’s Theological Critique of Rome and Its Church,” Demetrio S. Yocum, Saint Mary’s Coll., IN
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.