Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
627. Gender Negotiations and Asian American Literature
9:00–10:15 p.m., Maryland Suite C, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Wenxin Li, Suffolk County Community Coll., NY
1. “The Absence of ‘K’: Gendered Identities in Chang-rae Lee’s A Gesture Life,” Jennifer Lemberg, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
2. “Enemy Aliens: The Representation of Masculinity in Kerri Sakamoto,” Pilar Cuder-Dominguez, Univ. of Huelva
3. “Sexual Virility and Masculine Power: Conformity and Resistance to Hegemonic Masculinities in Shawn Wong’s American Knees,” Chingyen Sawatsky, Siena Coll.
4. “Gender Negotiations and Peripatetic Revisions: Americanization of Chinese Immigrants,” Su-ching Huang, National Taiwan Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.