Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Saturday, 30 December
629. Multilingualism and Identity inside and outside the Academy
8:30–9:45 a.m., 310, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Language and Society
Presiding: James V. Catano, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
1. “The Challenge of Transnationalism to Monolingual Language Policy,” Marianne Pita, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York; Sharon Lee Utakis, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “‘Speak German or Sweep the Schoolyard’: The Debate over Linguistic Human Rights in Germany,” Lucinda Martin, Hamburg, Germany
3. “Thank You for Nothing: Russian and American Thanking Routines, a Contrastive View,” Yelena I. Belyaeva-Standen, Saint Louis Univ.
4. “Multilingualism and Literary and Cultural Studies in the Context of Social Change,” Christopher Larkosh, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.