Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
638A. Eugene O’Neill: The Intersection between Art and Politics
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 4, Hilton
Program arranged by the Eugene O’Neill Society
Presiding: Eileen Hermann-Miller, Dominican Univ. of California
1. “Peons and Panchos: John Reed, Eugene O’Neill, and the Mexican Revolution,” Robert M. Dowling, Central Connecticut State Univ.
2. “You Needn’t Be Scared of Me! The Politics of Isolation and the Aesthetics of Universality in The Iceman Cometh,” Donald P. Gagnon, Western Connecticut State Univ.
3. “O’Neill in Black and White: Racialization and the Rise of the Negro Drama,” Katie N. Johnson, Miami Univ., Oxford
4. “Staging Miscegnation: Eugene O’Neill’s All God’s Chillun Got Wings and Jazz Age Politics,” David Magill, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
5. “O’Neill’s Historical Critique of American Capitalism,” Joel Pfister, Wesleyan Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.