Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
653. Comparative Approaches to the Bildungsroman
8:30–9:45 a.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Romanticism and the Nineteenth Century
Presiding: Marc Redfield, Claremont Graduate Univ.
1. “Wilhelm Meister: The Sequel,” Frederick R. Amrine, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2. “Past Detection: Reading Bildung beyond Aesthetic Autonomy, circa 1800,” Aoife Naughton, Tulane Univ.
3. “The Bildungsroman Crosses the Channel: Balzac and Thackeray on the Education of the Writer,” Sarah R. Cole, Columbia Univ.
4. “The Bildungsroman: A Eurocentric Genre?” Todd Curtis Kontje, Univ. of California, San Diego
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.