Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Saturday, 30 December
681. Postcolonialism in the Context of the Former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe
10:15–11:30 a.m., Anthony, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Slavic and East European Literatures
Presiding: Tamara Trojanowska, Univ. of Toronto
1. “Theorizing Cultural Change in Postcolonial Poland,” Magdalena Kay, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “Croatia’s Underground Woman: Fratricide, Sexual Politics, and the Perils of Postmodernity in Vedrana Rudan’s Uho, grlo, noz (Night),” Michele Levy, North Carolina A&T State Univ.
3. “Of War Refugees, Exiles, and Cosmopolitan Asymmetries: Dubravka Ugresic’s The Museum of Unconditional Surrender and Aleksandar Hemon’s Blind Jozef Pronek and Dead Souls,” Gorica Majstorovic, Richard Stockton Coll. of New Jersey
4. “The Balkans between Postcolonial and Balkan: Exclusivity of the Other,” Damjana Mraovic, Penn State Univ., University Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.