Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
685. Being in Narrative: The Historical Tradition of Caribbean Literature
10:15–11:30 a.m., C-327, Washington Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Shona N. Jackson, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. “Being Creole, Becoming Native: History, Orality, and Ventriloquism,” Shona N. Jackson
2. “Our ‘Fragmented’ America: Theorizing Historical Discontinuity in the Work of Eduardo Galeano and Edouard Glissant,” Donna Jones, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Atlantic Origins: The Sea Is History,” Elizabeth M. DeLoughrey, Cornell Univ.
4. “History and Postmodern Ethnicity in the Contemporary Dominican Novel,” H. J. Manzari, Worcester Polytechnic Inst.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.