Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
691. Crossing the Border: Spanish and American Speech
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 304, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the American Dialect Society
1. “English, Spanish, and the New Nativism,” Dennis E. Baron, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
2. “Recent Trends in English Borrowing from Spanish,” Joanne Despres, Merriam-Webster, Inc.
3. “To Be or to Be: The Acquisition of Ser and Estar by Second-Language Learners of Spanish,” Elizabeth A. Martínez-Gibson, Coll. of Charleston; Silvia Rodríguez, Coll. of Charleston
4. “On the Border in South Texas: English and Spanish in Harmony?” Kati Pletsch de García, Texas A&M Intl. Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.