Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
70. Cultural Intersections: Erasing the Divide between Low and High Art in Twentieth-Century Aesthetics
5:15–6:30 p.m., Missouri, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Italian Literature
Presiding: Luca Somigli, Univ. of Toronto
1. “Popular Palazzeschi: Aestheticism, Antitraditionalism, and the Masses,” Antonio Melchor, Eckerd Coll.
2. “The Girl Next Door: Genre, Gender, and (Trans)National Culture in Pre- and Postwar Italian Cinema,” Jennifer Myers, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
3. “Auteurs and ‘Artsploitation’: The Exploitation of Sex in Postwar Italian Cinema,” Tamao Nakahara, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Copie, cloni e falsi: L’architettura italiana nelle università americane,” Giulia Guarnieri, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.