Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
702. Renaissance Humanism and Secular Culture
9:00–10:15 p.m., Yerba Buena Salon 10, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on European Literary Relations
Presiding: Armando Maggi, Univ. of Chicago
1. “Leone Ebreo’s Secularized Allegory,” Damian Bacich, San José State Univ.
2. “Word and Image, the Sacré and the Profane in Early Modern Emblematic Literature: A Case in French Humanism,” Christine M. Probes, Univ. of South Florida
3. “Atomic Heresies: Epicurus and Lucretius in Early English Humanism,” Adam Rzepka, Univ. of Chicago
4. “Petrarch’s Humanist Self and the Emergence of the Modern Lay Intellectual,” Demetrio S. Yocum, Saint Mary’s Coll., IN
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.