Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Sunday, 09 January
731. Postcolonial Representations of Al-Andalus and Sefarad in Contemporary Literatures
10:15–11:30 a.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Maria Elena Soliño, Univ. of Houston
1. “Pathologies of Moorishness in Arab Diasporic Writing,” Atef Laouyene, California State Univ., Los Angeles
2. “Colonialism, Independence, and Moroccan Hispanism,” Cristián Horacio Ricci, Univ. of California, Merced
3. “A Haunting Past: Conflicting Historical Memories for African Immigrants in Spain,” Raquel Vega-Durán, Claremont McKenna Coll.
4. “Antonio Muñoz Molina’s Sepharad: Fractured Remembrances of a Century of Expulsions,” María Elena Soliño
For absracts, visit www.class.uh.edu/hispanicstudies/facultyandstaff_solino.asp.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.