Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Tuesday, 27 December
87. The Sound of Modernism: Avant-Garde Experiments with Radio, 1909–45
8:45–10:00 p.m., Caucus, Washington Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Ruben A. Gallo, Princeton Univ.
1. “Ezra Pound’s Fantasmatic Radio,” Hélène Aji, Univ. of Paris 4
2. “Toward a Theory of the Wireless: Modern Sound Montage in Rudolf Arnheim’s ‘Radio,’” Timothy Campbell, Cornell Univ.
3. “From ‘Bambinopoli’ to ‘Il Bombardamento di Adrianopoli’: The Fusion of Populist and Modernist Aesthetics in Early Italian Radio Programming, 1926–33,” Margaret Fisher, Second Evening Art Publishing
4. “Alejo Carpentier’s Radio Plays: Between Surrealism and Popular Art,” Anke Birkenmaier, Columbia Univ.
For copies of papers, write to email@example.com.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.