Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
88. The Tragic Mulatta/o: Transnational Narratives before 1865
7:00–8:15 p.m., Skyway Suite 260, Hyatt Regency
A special session
Presiding: Kimberly Snyder Manganelli, Clemson Univ.
1. “The ‘Tragic Mulatta’ as Metaphor in George Sand’s Indiana,” Molly Krueger Enz, South Dakota State Univ.
2. “‘Advancing toward Orientalism’: Exoticism and the Tragic Mulatta in Joseph Ingraham’s The Quadroone,” Kimberly Snyder Manganelli
3. “Not So Tragic: Transnational Desire and the Latin American Tragic Mulatto,” Colleen O’Brien, Saint Mary’s Coll., IN
4. “A More Explicit Tragedy: The Resistant Mulatta in Charles Testut’s Le Vieux Salomon,” Heidi Kathleen Kim, Northwestern Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.